Vancouver's Premier Basketball Academy
Winter Registration is open!
Learn more about our programs below and register today!
VanCity Basketball Academy runs Club Teams, Leagues, Training, Camps and supports the local basketball community. Our NCCP trained coaches help the growth of skills, knowledge, and confidence on and off the court.
Join the VanCity family this upcoming season.
Winter VBL & Development
The VanCity Youth Basketball League (VBL) is a Development league for boys and from grade K-10. We are also offering one day a week skills training programs for players looking to play more basketball! Learn more »
Girls Winter Development
2022 Boys & Girls Holiday Basketball Camps (Grade K-12)
Check out our upcoming basketball camps! We have options for players of all ages and abilities.
Work on your skills and learn to love the game!
Camp covers skills involving shooting, passing, dribbling, one on one, etc. Learn more »
Ladies Night Basketball
Covid-19 Safety Plan
VanCity Basketball Academy Updated Safety Plan – May 28th, 2021
VanCity Basketball Academy follows the direction of the B.C. Ministry of Health, ViaSport, and Basketball BC. All VanCity Basketball Academy programs run in North Vancouver.
Updated Safety Plan
All players and parents must follow all safety protocol and we ask you to be on time as often times there is only one coach available for each program due to safety precautions.
As safety protocols change we will be informing parents.
Staff must Self assess for any symptoms of Covid-19 and must not come to the gym if they have any symptoms. Coaches must wear masks in the gymnasium at all times.
Athletes should not attend skill sessions if they are sick or have any symptoms of Covid-19. Kids have the option to wear a mask in the facility.
Parents are not permitted in the gym at any time. Parents are also asked not to hang out near the gym.
We encourage players to bring as few items to the gym as possible. Items will be stored separately from other players and area will be cleaned when kids leave.
Players must have their own basketball and water bottle which will be sanitized multiple times throughout their training session.
Players will have their hands sanitized upon entry and wash before exiting.
All high touch areas will be sanitized before and after skill sessions.
Our facilities are protected and treated by Zero Blast which is a germ protections the gym from germs, viruses, bacteria, mould and fungi. This treatment lasts 90 days and our next scheduled cleaning is in December.
The school also does daily cleaning of the facility.
Here are the guidelines for us to follow from The Basketball BC website:
May 28th, 2021
This week’s announcement from the provincial government and health office was great news for the entire provincial sport sector, regarding a timeline for opening up for sport and the loosening of restrictions that will eventually get us all back on the court playing and training.
This initial step impacts only Outdoor sport and activity, with further relaxation of restrictions for indoor sport planned for June 15.
- These current loosening of restrictions apply with no differentiation between Children / Youth / Adult.
- Provincial Opening of outdoor sport and games, including outdoor basketball, starting May 25.
- No Physical Distancing Requirements – so competitive play is allowed.
- Travel restrictions are still in place.
- Stay Local – Competition should stay within your own home club
- No Spectators allowed
- Mask not needed in field of play.
- Outside of field of play – Mask and Physical Distancing is still required.
- Indoor Sport requirements do not change or move forward at this time. Physical Distancing of 3 metres at all times, travel restrictions etc. are still in place. No competitive play whether games or drills allowed for indoor basketball. Anticipated loosening of restrictions for indoor sport on June 15.
- Whether they are for indoor or outdoor sport, the current guidelines and protocols regarding Safety Plans, Contact Tracing etc. stay in place and are required.
- Proposed timeline for further loosening of restrictions for the sport sector includes the following dates for new guidelines.
- June 15
- July 1
- Sept 7
Latest information regarding sport specific guidelines and loosening of restrictions can be found at viaSport Return to Sport.
Detailed information regarding the 4-step BC Government plan regarding loosening of restrictions can be found at the BC Government Restart Plan.
VanCity Basketball Academy was established in 2012 as a family business on the North Shore. We believe that every athlete has a spot with our club and every one of them deserves to be treated with respect to reach their goals in Basketball. We hope every one of our athletes and parents feels part of our VanCity family and we look forward to working with new families for many years to come.